Saturday, July 19, 2008


Mixing truth with a lie

The dangerous implications of this practice revealed in C.S Lewis


Have you ever studied literature from a Christian worldview? If so then you have been blessed, and are doubly responsible for the way you present that literature to others. I have been privileged to study literature from a Christian worldview, censuring the material for unbiblical things. If you have not taken a course nor done reading on biblical worldview I strongly urge you to; it will not be wasted time and will change the way you see everything.


...Yet despite all the “training” we may have had as Christians in identifying what is biblically sound and what is not, there are times when we simply do not see. God is the One who gives us any amount of knowledge or understanding.


Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.


...I believe that this has been happening in the Christian church today regarding C.S Lewis’ books. Many intelligent, highly educated men of the faith have failed to recognize some of the dangerous pitfalls for Christianity in C.S Lewis books. Can it be surprising that many uneducated, young and new Christians have failed to see them as well? But it is the knowledgeable, researched men and women who I believe will be held more accountable; those who have studied there bibles for years and come to all kinds of conclusions about all kinds of doctrines; yet have failed in their own personal life to apply their understanding of scripture to C.S Lewis’ books. (And even read them aloud to there children without qualm or concern, or send their children to read the books themselves as “good” Christian literature.)


...I am now launching a series of posts on C.S Lewis book’s and personal writings, hoping to help others discover the awful lie which has been mixed with a grain of truth. I did not come to these convictions myself at first, and am one of the ones who should have seen but did not. The Holy Spirit used many godly people and online resources to open my eyes; I am indebted to Him and to them. This so clearly illustrates to me, once again, that it’s not by anything I do that I have any understanding of these things; it is only by the grace of God working in me. And it will be the same for you, for all who believe.


...I give thanks to all those people who did such massive amounts of study online! You have helped me to understand more of what it means to be holy. I cannot credit all of you here, especially as some are anonymous. Also for the nature of my blog I do not feel justified in sending some younger readers to websites which though excellent are perhaps too descriptive for their age. On this blog I hope to present material which although it will still be truthful, will hopefully be appropriate for most of the ages I imagine will possibly be reading on here. Thank you for your work and time in conveying the pure unmixed truth of the gospel. (Also I will cite the source for direct quotes)


...The following posts will be attempts to reveal the unbiblical, pagan themes mixed in with what most Christians consider “Christian literature” by C.S Lewis. They are presented here for you to chew on and come to your own conclusions; they pretty much speak for themselves.


Isaiah 5:20

Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.


God Bless!

Lauren Ashley

No comments: